Lotus Lake Conservation Alliance
Committed to protecting and improving Lotus Lake and surrounding wetland areas
Small projects can have a big impact on the water quality in Lotus Lake.
Missed the Feb 13th Meeting?
You can still plan your water quality projects in 2018 with residential grant funding opportunities.
The Lotus Lake Conservation Alliance is dedicated to protecting and improving Lotus Lake in Chanhassen, Minnesota. By protecting and working with partners to enhance Lotus Lake and the surrounding waterways, the resource will be cleaner, safer and a more valued asset to anyone that enjoys the water including when fishing, swimming, boating, skiing or just taking in the view.
Our primary focus is to proactively aid efforts keeping Aquatic Invasive Species out of Lotus Lake while educating the community. Anyone who shares an interest in working with our local community or enjoys the Lotus Lake resources are welcome to join.
2nd Annual LLCA 4th of July Lotus Lake Boat Parade
It was a great 4th of July on Lotus Lake! We had 27 boats participate in the 2nd Annual Lotus Lake Boat Parade focused around our 2017 theme of "Patriotic Minnesota" - showing us all what celebrating the 4th in Minnesota is all about. A hard job for the judges as participants were narrowed down to five finalists for the "Golden Oar".
- "Military Tank" boat with it's amazing sound effects, smoke, and kickback when firing
- "Fireworks" boat with a 4th of July cookout and creative pool noodle fireworks
- "Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island" boat with the stately lady herself and a cute immigrants ready to swear in
- "Up North" boat with a bonfire, pine trees, and a wonderful loon in tow;
- And the Winner - the "Target Field" Boat which featured a baseball game with batters hitting ice balls into the lake and an amazing replica of Target Field.
Thanks so much to all of you who clearly spent an amazing amount of time and effort to make the parade extra fun this year! The spirit shown was phenomenal! Not only did those of us on the lake enjoy the parade, but literally hundreds of people watching from the shore also had a great start to their 4th of July.
The 2018 Theme will be announced in June. Can't wait to see all of you again next year!
- LLCA Board